Chinese New Year, also called Spring Festival, has more than 4,000 years of history.
Being a traditional Chinese festival, it is the grandest and the most important holiday for Chinese people. It is a time for annual family reunion, as magnificent as Christmas Day in western countries. According to Chinese legends, the monster “Nian” is afraid of loud sounds, so setting off fireworks is a great way to scare it off. Today, fireworks are indispensable to the celebration; livening up the air of Spring Festival, especially on the eve of the New Year.
2017 is the Year of Rooster. Occupying the 10th position in the Chinese Zodiac, the Rooster symbolizes confidence and motivation. To celebrate the Lunar New Year, the Chinese Central Academy of Fine Arts (CAFA) will present an incredible firework show with a Phoenix theme on the Hudson River.
Our cruises will begin the celebration by heading down the Hudson to the majestic Statue of Liberty and view of lower Manhattan, then taking a turn and heading up the East River toward Manhattan, Brooklyn, and the Williamsburg bridges. The celebratory cruise will culminate back up the Hudson River with close-up views of the dazzling firework show against the breathtaking NYC skyline.
Enjoy a 10-course authentic Chinese buffet** onboard any of the cruise options below. Each package includes a different level of dining experience with standard or premium open bars to enrich your Chinese festival experience!
*Chinese New Year Cruise Options
- Circle Line General Admission: SOLD OUT!
Boarding at Pier 83, on a Circle Line Cruise, enjoy a 10-course Authentic Chinese Buffet with unlimited Soda. Cash Bar available for all additional beverages.
- Duchess - GOLD Package: SOLD OUT!
Boarding at Pier 81, on the timeless Duchess yacht, enjoy an upgraded dining experience with your Lunar New Year fireworks: 10-course Authentic Chinese Buffet with an Open Beer, Wine, and Soda Bar.
- Fish Bar - VIP Lounge: $173 - Book Now >
Boarding at Pier 81, get the VIP experience on Circle Line's new sister restaurant and lounge, Fish Bar at North River Landing. Enjoy a 10-course Authentic Chinese Buffet with an Open Beer, Wine, Prosecco, and Soda Bar in relaxed lounge booth seating.
- Fish Bar - VIP Dining, Private Table: $190 - Book Now >
Boarding at Pier 81, watch the fireworks and dine at your own private table on Fish Bar's exclusive main dining deck. Enjoy a 10-course Authentic Chinese Buffet with an Open Beer, Wine, Prosecco and Soda Bar.
Things to Know About All Cruises
- Date: Thursday, January 26, 2017
- Boarding Time: Boarding begins at 5:30 pm
- Sailing Time: 6:30 pm- 9:00 pm
- Fireworks Display: 8:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- Student pricing available with valid ID - please call direct to book: English 212-630-8162, Chinese 646-902-5199
- DJ on-board
- Must be over 21 to consume alcohol; bartenders will be verifying ID.
- All ticket sales are final; no refunds, transfers, or rebooking.
- **Chinese Buffet Menu Includes
- Roasted Suckling Pig
- Spicy Beef Tendon with Stir-fried Bran Dough
- Honeyed Walnut Shrimp with Salad Sauce and Assorted Fruits
- Sizzling Veal Short Ribs with Black Pepper Sauce and Garlic Sauce
- Pan Fried Salmon
- Garlic Chicken
- Sushi Platter
- Cold String Beans
- Mixed Fried Rice Noodle
- Fried Rice with Crabmeat and Egg White