Riverside Church Grant’s Tomb The Little Red Lighthouse George Washington Bridge Tappan Zee Bridge Hudson Valley Foliage Bear Mountain State Park
Cruisin’, leaf peepin’, wurst eatin’, polka dancin’, mountain hikin’ fun with your friends and family…cruise Bear Mountain and see the mighty Hudson in all its autumn glory!
Back in the 1960’s Circle Line Sightseeing acquired The Hudson Dayliner ship that made daily trips up to Bear Mountain State Park. We still take the Dayliner route to Bear Mountain in the fall - just the right time when those beautiful bursts of fall leaves start to appear along the Hudson. But this is much more than a fall foliage cruise.
We still stop at Bear Mountain for you to indulge in some glorious nature, but now we also include an Onboard Oktoberfest presented by Warsteiner right on the boat!
Take a 2.5 hour cruise up the Hudson enjoying the autumnal sights and our Onboard Oktoberfest, presented by Warsteiner, with German food and beer specials plus some good ol’ oom-pah music up to Bear Mountain State Park. You’ll hop off the boat there, where for 3 hours, you can enjoy the park’s 50+ hiking and biking trails, paddle around the lake, visit the Bear Mountain Zoo, brunch at The Bear Mountain Inn (reservations recommended!) and take in the general splendor of nature and fall weather. You can even order a picnic lunch ahead of time to take with you – we’ll have it boxed and ready for you on board!
Whether you’re a family looking for an awesome autumn adventure at Bear Mountain, a group of friends getting your Oktoberfest on, or a fall foliage aficionado looking to do some serious leaf peeping, our Bear Mountain Cruises are the perfect pick!
Board our boat and step into Munich, as you snack and sip on German eats and brews! Sample menu includes:
- German Feast Plate with bratwurst, sauerkraut and German potato salad
- Prop & Peller Real Bavarian Pretzels
- Traditional pork schnitzel
- All Circle Line’s classic concessions items (hot dogs, chips, candy, etc.)
- Draft and bucket specials on all Warsteiner beers
2016 Band Schedule presented by Warsteiner
- Smitty’s Polka Band: 9/24, 10/2, 10/9, 10/15, 10/22, 10/29 & 11/5
- Street Beat Brass Band: 9/25, 10/1, 10/8, 10/10, 10/16, 10/23, 10/30 & 11/6
Things To Know
- Oktoberfest Cruise runs Saturdays and Sundays from September 24th to November 6th 2016, and on Columbus Day, Monday, October 10th 2016.
- *Boarding at 8:30 AM and departing at 9 AM; 2.5 hour (approximately) cruise up and down the Hudson River, with 3 hours to spend at Bear Mountain.
- Live German Oom-pah & Polka bands playing on every cruise.
- Light narration of sights and highlights from a Circle Line guide included in all trips.
- Picnic lunches available and can be ordered up until 3PM the Wednesday prior to your cruise, 212-563-3200 - view menu.
- Top rated on TripAdvisor
- Onboard Oktoberfest menu + café with a freshly prepared menu of sandwiches, salads and snacks + full bar serving up hot and cold beverages, beer, wine and cocktails (No outside food or beverage allowed.)
- Warning: there is a steep hill leading from the dock at Bear Mountain to the main park area. Please be aware this hill may be difficult for some people to climb, including those with difficulty walking or in wheelchairs.
- Due to changes made by Bear Mountain State Park, there is no Oktoberfest celebration on land at Bear Mountain. Instead, we invite you to enjoy our new Onboard Oktoberfest presented by Warsteiner while you cruise, before and after your stop at the park.
- Onboard amenities including outdoor deck space, heated/air conditioned indoor seating with large windows made for sightseeing, and restrooms.